Key Facts about Burn Series Adventure Race April 2022
Key Facts about Burn Series Adventure Race October 2021
Key Facts about Burn Series Adventure Race October 2019
- The overall winners on the Mini Burn completed the course in only 1hr and 27 minutes and was won by father-son team Liam & Nixon Drew who is only 5 years old!
- We had many local competitors this year but also teams from New Zealand & Poland.
- Four of our Burn competitors managed to complete the full course despite the course being even more challenging than last year. The competition is getting stronger.
- Two competitors have competed in every single one of our events since it’s inception in 2010
- 16 Mini Burn team completed the full course
Key Facts about Burn Series Adventure Race October 2018
- Storm Callum didn’t deter many competitors who braved the terrible forecast and were actually pleasantly surprised by good conditions on the course.
- One father son Team, the Rees, competed the 10K run as well as the Mini Burn race and were positioned 4th in the Mini Burn. Maybe it was the chocolate Aero balls that were being consumed that fuel the pair to achieve such a great result!
- Our youngest competitor was 5yrs old.
- Only two Burn competitors completed the full course.
- Twelve Mini Burn teams completed the full course
Key Facts about Burn Series Adventure Race October 2017
- The mountain bike orienteering on the Burn was very challenging this year and only three people managed to complete the full course.
- Over 70% of Mini Burn competitors have competed in more than one Mini Burn with some clocking up nine Mini Burns!
Key Facts about Burn Series Adventure Race October 2016
- We had 238 competitors taking on the Burn & Mini Burn, our biggest turn out to date!
- For the first time EVER, one competitor completed BOTH the Burn & Mini Burn
Key Facts about Burn Series Adventure Day April 2016
- Burn & Mini Burn held on the same day
- Tyre rolling & plank walking featured for the first time in any event
- Joined by The Wave radio station, Dryad Bushcraft & Josh Briars
- Muddiest & wettest event to date
Key Facts about Burn October 2015
- We had the most perfect conditions for a Burn Series race
Key Facts about Mini Burn October 2015
- Slacklining featured for the first time in a Mini Burn event
Key Facts about Mini Burn June 2015
- The largest category (31 pairs) was the Family Pairs with a junior over 10 years old
- We had 53 females taking on the Mini Burn event, the highest percentage ever in Adventure Racing!
- The combined age of the oldest pair was 119
Key Facts about Cardiff Burn 2014
- It was a tough year with only 10 teams completing the full course within the time allowed.
- Being able to map read is a definite bonus. It’s not always won on speed!
- We had 8 female pairs taking on the Cardiff Burn which is a high number for adventure racing…let’s keep it growing!
Key Facts about October Mini Burn 2014
- We had a number of CrossFit teams taking on the Mini Burn challenge
- 39 pairs/teams managed to complete the whole course
- For the first time, one of the check points was at the top of a climbing wall, adding a new sport to the mix
- The rain didn’t stop anyone, there are some tough teams out there!
Key Facts about June Mini Burn 2014
- We didn’t get wet!!!!!
- 41 pairs/teams took on our mountain bike long course
- 62 pairs/teams found all check points on the orienteering phase, despite it being a little more difficult than last year.
- Only one marshal fell out of the kayak! We still have a 100% success rate of keeping our competitors dry.
Key Facts about October Cardiff Burn 2013
- 18 teams completed the full course, collecting all check points
- Despite the weather forecast all competitors turned up smiling and ready to BURN….some an hour too early (GMT instead of BST)!
- We had the muddiest Burn event ever!
Mini Burn 2013 – Results -5th Oct
Key Facts about October Mini Burn 2013
- We had three generations in one team of 4
- Murphy, our canine marshal was on hand to tow a few competitors up the hills.
- The orienteering at this event definitely tested navigation skill, but everyone returned!
- We love running Mini Burn and can’t wait for 2014 – Do help us by spreading the word!
- We say it every year but this was the biggest turn out at a Mini Burn event ever!
- 36 out of 53 teams completed the full course
- The sun shined all day long
- Some great kayaking skills were on display today!
Cardiff Burn 2012 – Results – 28th October
Key Facts about Cardiff Burn 2012
- 32 teams managed to clear the whole course
- We had the biggest turn out of female pairs in any adventure race in the UK
- Cardiff Burn definitely requires some navigation skill.
- The special phase 1000m Rowing Results can be found on the 2nd sheet.
Mini Burn 2012 – Results – 6th October
Key Facts about Mini Burn October 2012
- One pair had to do the mtb phase twice due to missing the check point
- We had the biggest turn out of Juniors ever!
- No one managed to cycle all the way up the Killer hill.
Mini Burn 2012 – Results – 30th June
Key Facts about Mini Burn June 2012
- Some of the results were so close that it’s all to race for in the next Mini Burn event.
- For the first time at a Burn Event it rained….but only a little!
- All but 1 team managed to find all of the check points.
Cardiff Burn 2011 – Results – 23rd October
Key Facts about Cardiff Burn 2011
- We had the same Male & Female pairs win Cardiff that won Swansea Burn
- 99% said it completely met their expectations
- We managed to time Cardiff Burn to be on the same day at the Rugby World Cup Final!
Mini Burn 2011 Margam Park results – 8th October
Key Facts about Mini Burn 2011
- We had the biggest turn out of Juniors in one event
- Everyone completed the course
- Some fathers looked more tired than their sons and daughters!
Swansea Burn 2011 Results– 26th June
Key Facts about Swansea Burn 2011
- It was the hottest day of the year
- It was the first time that a beach run was part of the event
- No one fell out of the kayak
- 78 participants entered
Cardiff Burn 2010 results – 24th October
Key Facts about Cardiff Burn 2010
- 216 participants entered.
- Youngest participant was 8yrs old
- Oldest participant was 62yrs old
- Previous World Adventure Racing Champions took part
- No one fell out of the kayak
- No one got too lost on the navigating phase!
- Following our survey, 80% had never done a multisport event before